'; //-->

Sunday, May 11, 2003

Saw "The Last Temptation..." over the weekend. BEST MOVIE OF 1988! In other news, my uncle loaned me a VCD copy of Chinese Odyssey 2002. Lord, that title is crappy. Basically, it's an Airplane-style spoof of Hong Kong cinema, and like most spoof movies, regardless of nationality, about 70% of the gags made my eyes roll, while the rest amused me. I should note that Chinese Odyssey 2002 was produced by Wong Kar-Wai, and is full of WKW in-jokes, especially in regards to Ashes of Time and Chungking Express. All of those jokes made me smile.

Depending on how much I like "Adaptation," "Punch-Drunk Love," "Hero," and "Heaven," this flick could make my top 10.

In other news, I convinced my current employer to let me stay an additional week. Most likely, however, I will be unemployed by week's end. Oh well, perhaps it's time to enroll in a film school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home