'; //-->

Sunday, May 04, 2003

OH, NO. IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN!!!

Agh, I'm sick. Left window open when I went to sleep Friday night. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Throat burning. Dizziness, runny nose. And me too cheap to go to doctor. No insurance para mi.

I remember the last time I was this ill. It was two years ago, when I still had medical insurance from NYU. But my doctor was on vacation that weekend, and the pediatrician would not treat me. So I spent an entire weekend with a 100+ degree fever. And that was when I began hallucinating about the desert world I really came from, where my name was Fleet Pedtrack, of the great house Pedtrack. Only I turned my back on the aristocracy and joined the rebellion to abolish the terrible caste system we all suffered from. God, I was sick. I kept fading in and out between the two worlds, to the point where, by Sunday afternoon, I actually started believing that this world here, where I'm an NYU student living in Brooklyn, New York, must be the dream. Maybe that's really how it is. I feel sick enough that death would be a merciful blessing, gilded in a shiny light and accompanied by angels' lullabies. And if I die, maybe I'll find that this whole Brooklyn place was a

Ah, fuck it. I forgot what I was going to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home