'; //-->

Friday, September 08, 2006

PHIL X AT JET LI PRESS JUNKET!

Yep, you heard it right, folks! International martial arts movie star Jet Li will be in Manhattan next Friday to promote his new movie “Fearless,” and I am officially on the press list. That means I get to snap photos and ask questions of the guy who played Chinese folk heroes Wong Fei-Hung and Fong Sai-Yuk, not to mention the superhero Black Mask, in Hong Kong movies throughout the 1990’s. Maybe I’ll even save a few queries for veteran movie director Ronny Yu, who will also be taking part in the junket.

When I first signed up for the event, I was worried that it might conflict with my flight plans to Washington, which are on the same day. Luckily, K. and my plane will not take off until later in the evening, while the junket begins at 11:15 A.M. Plenty of time for me to (hopefully) ask a good question or two. Here’s a possibility: Why did you make that piece of shit “The One?”

I need to share one more bit of good fortune having to do with the junket, then I promise to shut up. Since I need to see the movie in order to properly ask either Jet Li or Ronny Yu about it, I get to attend a free press screening of “Fearless” next Wednesday. It’s supposed to be in a movie theater, which will probably provide a better viewing experience than my laptop computer. Hopefully, I’ll like it, but even if I don’t, I promise to show class and not berate the filmmaker or star, who could easily kick my ass, with any flaws I perceive.

Hmm. While I’m at it, maybe I can write a quick version of the eventual article up for aintitcoolnews.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home