'; //-->

Sunday, June 01, 2003

THE TIMES, THEY ARE A-CHANGIN...

So what's happened lately? Well, my temp gig at MetroPlus officially ended last Friday, and I am moving on to Bowne Global Communications, as the newest member of their techpool. My first day begins at 10 am tomorrow. If I know my life, and I know it quite well, my first day should be awkward and difficult. Can't wait!

More news: I have decided to quit my internship at the literary agency. It's been a fun 8 months, full of free reading and no real money, but I think it's time to move on. My last official bit of business will be to drop off Franco's manuscript tomorrow evening. I wholly recommend Franco's first literary effort, and considering how many manuscripts I passionately disliked over the past 8 months, I can't think of a better note to end on.

My new addiction: Forget anime. I have discovered cheap vcd's in Chinatown, and these suckers are now my new drug of choice. I bought/watched Ringo Lam's Prison on Fire, and the HK cut of Tsui Hark's Black Mask. Now let me tell you, as good as the original Hong Kong Black Mask is, it's no Black Mask 2. I went into BM expecting rubber suit monsters, awful acting, and shoddy production values. To my dismay, Black Mask manages to out-atmosphere more expensive "urban decay" action flicks such as Black Rain and Blade, with a fraction of their budget. And the fight scenes are quite cool. Even more shocking, since there's no awful dubbing in this original cut, the story actually makes sense. Damn you, Black Mask. Damn you to Hell!

OH, ONE MORE THING...

SUNY at Buffalo has offered me a full scholarship. Apparently, they, uh, really want me to attend their school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home