'; //-->

Tuesday, August 05, 2003

AND I WAS JUST BEGINNING TO ENJOY THOSE HEALTHY PAYCHECKS...

After two months full-time here at Bowne, peak season is winding down. I ran macros on approximately two files today, and did absolutely nothing the rest of the time. That's two files, equal to about twenty minutes. What did I do for the remaining six and a half hours? Absolutely nothing. Okay, I cruised the Net some, but no one can cruise the next for six-plus hours. The Net ain't that interesting.

The days of wine, roses, and 40-hour work weeks are coming to an end. There has been speculation that as early as next week, we will be moving to 4-day work weeks, possibly even 3-day work weeks. Granted, I was planning to quit by the end of August anyway, but I was hoping to work full-time until then.

WHEN BLOGS ATTACK NEW BRUNSWICK?!

I'll be going up to New Brunswick this Saturday. I'm going to meet with the landlord of the room I'll be renting. I've already paid the 1.5 month security deposit, so all that's left is to sign the lease and pay the first month's rent, and then I will be an official tenant. Let me tell you about the place I'm renting...

I've got the ground floor-front room of a three-story house, fifteen minutes walking distance from the Library Science building. House has six bedrooms, three baths, a kitchen (Not an eat-in.), and washer/dryer in the basement. Looks like apartment style, since there's no eat-in kitchen nor living room. Hopefully, I won't have to socialize too much with the other tenants. 'H,' the landlord, mentioned that there is at least one other grad student. Whatever.

So it looks like I will be moving to New Jersey come September. Before any of you out there get too wistful (or elated,) I would point out that I have no Friday classes this Fall, and my Thursday class ends at 3:30 pm. Odds are good that once a month or so, I will feel like spending a long weekend in Brooklyn. If Sci-Fi Club or Franco Club are still meeting, I will probably drop by. Bottom line: Everything will have changed, yet maybe nothing will change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home