'; //-->

Friday, September 05, 2003

I'VE GOT TO WRITE ABOUT THIS BEFORE I FORGET IT.

I'm not sure I've bottomed out quite yet, but I feel a lot better now than I did at my last entry. Here's why:

I spent the evening wandering about the city. After exiting the train at the Avenue U station, I encounter this person who can only be described as an ass. I won't get into specifics, but his behavior was clearly ass-ish. Now, at first I was self-conscious, still feeling sorry for myself. The last thing I wanted was a confrontation, and this ass was not only an ass-ish, but had a suit, tie, briefcase, pompous air.

By now, ass-man and I are on opposite sides of a semi-crowded bus. All I can think is, "What a shitty existence I have. And look at this buttoned-down asshead over there. No doubt he has a decent job, a semi-charmed life. And still he's an asshole. Where's the justice in that?"

But then I realize, this slump I'm in won't last forever. Someday, be it a year, two years, twenty years from now, things will pick up. My life has only started. I work too hard to end up in data entry at age fifty.

Someday, I will have whatever material accoutrements this asshole on the other side of the bus has. I can still improve financially. He, on the other hand, will still be an asshole.

So I feel kinda better now. Also, I clipped asshole with my backpack as I got off the bus. Soon I will go to sleep. I will probably feel horrible again tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home