'; //-->

Tuesday, December 10, 2002

Hey look, my comments are fixed. …Guess I should post something so everyone can reply to it.

Well, as most of you out there know, MTA and the mayor’s office are planning one last, desperate sitdown tomorrow. If both sides walk away from the table unsatisfied, there will likely be a strike next week. That means no buses and no subways. Damn those MTA workers!

So what options exist for those like me, who have been banished to the outer boroughs? Even if I got myself a bicycle, I’m guessing it’s one long-ass bike ride from Sheepshead Bay to Manhatten. Any other solutions? You bet! Mayor Bloomberg has made crossing into Manhatten illegal unless you’re carpooling with three other people. So if you usually drive into Manhatten, you’d better know people. What? You don’t know anyone? No problem! There are now phone and internet services that can match you up with potential car-pooling buddies. Meet complete strangers! Then invite them into your car! Hmm. You know, that could actually serve as an effective premise to a movie…

You’ve got this guy and this girl. Complete strangers. They carpool together into Manhatten with these two other folks. It’s a romance. There are hi-jinks. For the coup de grace, the other two carpoolers kill the guy and girl, then eat them.

I can already smell a sequel. But enough getting to know each other. Who’s ready to let me carpool with them?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home