'; //-->

Wednesday, June 04, 2003

MY THIRD DAY AT BOWNE:

Tomorrow will be better than today, because today sucked.

I won't get into the gory details, suffice to say that capped off my afternoon by running a Tittle-Matrix instead of TEP file. See, XB looked at the master schedule, and saw some Tittle Matrixes due tomorrow. But I guess they weren't ready yet, because when I asked if she wanted me to try running them, she said no, and then said she'd give me something to practice with. I assumed she was giving me a practice Tittle-Matrix, so I just ran the TEP like it was a Tittle. Like I can tell the difference! But she got all upset when she saw I screwed it up, and said if I'm ever unsure of something, I should ask her. It took every fiber of self-will to keep me from talking back, "Well, I wasn't unsure at the time!"

Meanwhile, April wants to introduce me to other people on the floor. She might want to hold off on those introductions, seeing as I might not be here much longer.

On a final note, the guy who lied and recommended me for the job (We'll call him "Geoffrey," or "G," so as to not give away his real name) finally stopped by. He seems cool. I asked how our mutual friend Halifax is doing. G responded by looking down at the floor, shaking his head, and muttering, "Hal... Hal... Hal never changes." Then he started to walk away before stopping, looking down at the floor again, and saying, "Hal... Hal never changes."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home