'; //-->

Monday, June 30, 2003

THE THIRD RAIL'S NOT JUST FOR ELECTROCUTION ANYMORE...

Apparently, if there's a medical emergency, the Q-line clears all trains to one side and then barrels down the empty rail at warp speed. I know this because today, on the way back from work, someone got sick between DeKalb Avenue and Atlantic. Someone with the ill person panicked, and pulled the emergency brake, which stopped us dead on the track. The conductor called into the station regarding the medical emergency. After he got notice to drive the train down to Church Avenue, he alerted all the other trains, who moved from the express line onto the local. Then our train took off.

I had no idea a subway train could travel that quickly. It was amazing. Best of all, when we pulled into Church Avenue, and the paramedics rushed in, the ill person was still conscious. With any luck, she will turn out just fine.


MY JOB...

We're entering "peak season" here at Bowne. No, that's not some David Lynch reference; it means we get a sh*tload of TEP's and PPR's every day. Sadly, my computer has yet to be set up with Arbortext. I cannot parse. Constantly having to ask my co-workers to parse for me is slowing things down, so something must be done!

On the bright side, I'm entering my fifth week already. When I first started this job, my short-term goal was to last longer than Report Card, and it looks like that will actually happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home