'; //-->

Monday, June 09, 2003

MY FIFTH DAY AT BOWNE:

Things were okay today. If not for a last-minute snafu wherein I ran Clean Trados on an instance file, as opposed to an rtf file, for an important ppr, today was actually pretty good. Yeah, I know. Stupid me for falling for such an novice snafu, but hey, I'm still learning.

On to a more pressing issue:

Rutgers let me know today that they will not be giving me any grant money. Apparently they are too poor. As a result, if I wish to attend that lovely pearl of a university in New Brunswick, I will need to take out substantial loans. Well, not substantial to the same degree NYU was substantial, but equivalent to an entire NYU semester (for one full Rutgers year.)

Now, given how much NYU cost me, I would normally have no problem with signing those promissary notes and packing my bags for New Brunswick. However, SUNY at Buffalo has offered me a scholarship covering my full tuition. So, on the one hand, we have a costly school that is only 36 miles away from the city. On the other hand, there's a really cheap, good school that obviously wants me, but is 400 miles away. It's a real dilemna, I tell you. Good thing I have plenty of time to decide.

Oh wait, Rutgers needs a commitment from me by this Friday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home